Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pregnancy Update: 24 weeks

I now have more of my pregnancy behind me than ahead of me.  That's a weird thought.  Last week someone asked me if I was so excited for the baby to come, and I have mixed feelings about it.  For us, the next "milestone" to get through is Hyrum being deployed, and then the baby comes a month or two later.  So I'm obviously excited to be a mother, but much less excited about sending my husband away.  I guess we'll take it one week at a time, and when the due date finally comes, I'm sure I'll be ready (as ready as I can be), and plenty excited.

I'm finally starting to feel pregnant, meaning when I bend over its hard to breath, and I dislike hiking now even more than I did pre-pregnancy.  If I eat big meals I usually regret it for several hours.  Most of my jeans are much more comfortable with the top button undone.  But I guess the good news is I still fit into my clothes.   I wear the occasional maternity shirt, but mostly because I have them and I'm tired of my regular clothes.  If someone saw me on the street, I still don't think they'd feel comfortable asking if I was pregnant.  They'd be thinking in their head, "Wow, either she's gained weight, or she's pregnant... not sure."


We feel the baby kick pretty frequently.  Sometimes at night if I lay on my back, the kicking is particularly strong, and I wonder if that's the baby's way of saying, "I need more oxygen!"  I have no problem breathing, though, so I still lay on my back quite a bit.  Not much progress on the name front, but my family has taken to calling the baby "Juanathan Migichael" cleverly thinking it's half-spanish/half-english.  Trust me, it definitely won't stick past birth.  Here's to hoping he has a real name when he's born.  

No comments:

Post a Comment