It was cold. And misty/rainy. I started out running slowly, except it was more like jogging, and became more like a bouncing walk as the 'race' progressed. (At some points I thought walking might actually be faster than I was running...) But I kept on going, and going, and soon I could tell the end was near. No point in walking. I finished, and found out instead of 3.1 miles, the course was actually 3.6!! (That extra half mile was completely unnecessary!) Slow and steady doesn't win the race, but it at least finishes the race.
I think my 12.5 mi/min pace was slow enough that I didn't have problems breathing, but my knees were killing me by the end. It was a big accomplishment for me (hence my long post!) but I decided to limit my runs from now on so my joints don't get too messed up.
At the end, the happy-to-be-done runners:
Oh, and in case there was any doubt, Hyrum did great. I think he finished second or third, in about half of the time it took me. But then again he wasn't 19 weeks pregnant, so his mention in this post is minimal. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment