He says way more than any of my previous kids. Mama, Papa. He calls Tiago "Tada" and hilariously he calls both Mila and Siena "Yapa." If we tell him, "Say Mila" he points to her and says "Yapa." Then will turn around and do the same with Siena. Who knows! He's been saying "Grandpa" for about a month, and makes a sound like "Jaja" for Aunt Jenna.
As far as food is concerned, he learned the signs for "more" and "all done" early on. Now when he wants more of something, he'll either point, or do the sign. When he's done, he'll do the sign and say "no mas".
After grocery shopping last week, there was a bag of grapes left sitting on the counter; he walked into the kitchen and started yelling 'uvas'. Go figure... he wanted uvas. I didn't realize he knew that word.
Agua was one of his first few words. He calls his bottle (tetero) a 'tete' and every night at bed time he runs to the fridge saying 'tete'. He also says things like 'up' and 'down.' (Especially if he wants me to pick him up.)
Enzo is definitely a social laugher. When everyone else around him is laughing, he makes sure to join in loudly.
Recently he was introduced to hot chocolate and looooved it He kept repeating 'chocolate'.
Basically, he'll repeat whatever people tell him to say. He generally seems to understand me. Like if I tell him to lay on his stomach, he will do it.
He likes to go into Tiago's room in the morning and jump on his head. He loves playing on our king-size bed, and climbing over the big pillows to point at the pictures on the wall of his siblings.
He's both independent and clingy. When we walk around he refuses to hold my hand and doesn't particularly want to stay close. But when there are strangers around he clings to me like a barnacle. I took him to a doctor appointment last week for some bad eczema and when I tried to set him on the scale you'd have thought I was selling him to a new mother. He was furious and screamed his head off for about 15 minutes. He's definitely a product of a covid quarantine year. He rarely interacts with other adults, and it kind of makes me sad that he may never get to go to nursery, which is where all my other kids had to rip the band-aid off. (Admittedly, my girls were always thrilled to go off with other people, like nursery or the gym daycare.)
Avocados, yogurt, goldfish, and raisins are Enzo's favorite foods. He also likes 'nanas' (bananas) and 'pan' (bread) and salad.
I thought we were making progress the last month with better wake-up times (occasionally he slept til 7, usually 6:20) but this morning he woke up at 5:55. !! It doesn't matter what time he goes to bed, whether it's 7 or 7:45, he still wakes up at the same time. And I have to wake him up from naps after 2 hours or else he wakes in the morning even earlier. By far my 'worst' sleeper.
He has 4 teeth on top, 3 on bottom (I'm wondering if he's missing a tooth down there, like Mila and Siena) and two molars recently came in.
He weighs about 25 lbs, and easily is wearing all of Tiago's old 2t hand-me-down clothes. He wears things at 18 months that Tiago wore at 2.5/3 yrs old!
If he's mad he throws his whole body on the floor and will slam his head down.
'This little piggy' and 'Itsy bitsy spider' are on repeat. He likes when I touch his nose and say 'boink'. He loves to read books, although he's picky about what we read. He prefers what he's familiar with, and only rarely will take to a library book I check out.



No comments:
Post a Comment