Saturday, June 24, 2017

Courtney and Peter's visit

Back in May we had visitors!  Courtney and Peter spent 2 days in Colorado Springs after a vacation to Mexico.  I tried to pack in all the touristy stuff on the first day (a week day) so we wouldn't have to fight crowds on the weekend.  It worked out perfectly, and on day 2 we did practically nothing.  

Friday started with brunch.  :)  I heard about this place a few months ago, and took Tiago to try it out.  Nutella, whipped cream, strawberries and caramel on top of a waffle was enough to bring us back.  We also tried a savory waffle with feta and sundried tomatoes with balsamic glaze.  It was everything I hoped it would be.  More people should come visit so we can visit here again!


Next stop: Garden of the Gods.  This place never disappoints.  And it's free.  And perfect weather just puts it over the top with the blue skies and red rocks.  




This is basically what it looks like any time I try to get a picture with my kids:


At one point in the day, Peter put Siena on his shoulders.  She just melted down onto his head and went into a coma-like state.  It was pretty adorable.  The next day Peter got her up from a nap and she laid on his shoulder for about 20 minutes.  I told him to enjoy it because it never happens!

After Garden of the Gods we drove down the road to Manitou Springs.  There are two main draws to this town (aside from being quaint and touristy.)  First, the outdoor arcade (where rides are literally $0.25) and second, the fudge and ice cream.  As a bonus, I bought pear vinegar at a specialty shop.  I tried it a few months ago and have been thinking about it ever since.  It hasn't disappointed and I might need to go soon to replace the bottle.




Having two extra sets of hands made the adventures so much more enjoyable!  The kids always had someone to pay attention to them.

The second day Courtney and Peter were here we relaxed at home, Peter and Tiago picked the weeds in our backyard, we ate Darn Good chocolate cake, brownies, and more chocolate.  We took a walk around Fort Carson and showed them the helicoptors/tanks.  And then they left for the airport.  

Thanks for visiting.  Who's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment