Last month my mom came to visit... for about 24 hours. (She was coming to Colorado for my cousin's mission home coming, and tagged on a visit to us.) My husband thought it was hilarious when I told him she'd only be here a little more than a day. When Latinos 'visit family' you measure the length of a trip by weeks or months, not hours!
In a short amount of time we enjoyed nice weather and watched the kids' soccer lesson... and I got to sneak away to watch Beauty and the Beast by myself! It was awesome.
Then a few weeks later my dad decided to out-do her (or should I say "under-do"?) -- he stayed 6 hours! (He was on a business trip and planned a layover in Denver so he could come visit.) He helped entertain my kids during General Conference so I got more out of it.
Though the visits were short, we appreciated them taking the time to stop in. This week we are looking forward to my sister and brother-in-law coming for a longer visit. (48 hours. ha)





No comments:
Post a Comment