Tiago is in such a fun stage. He is talkative and sweet. He likes to tell stories, about dinosaurs, volcanoes. I'm always impressed at what he remembers, like when my mom told him that the factory we were driving past turns oil into the gas for our cars. From then on, every time we drove by he told me what they make. He was also fascinated at hearing what the mechanics were doing during our oil change. I enjoy telling him things because it feels like he's listening and mostly understanding. I'd like to slow down this phase, because I know his attentiveness won't last forever. He understands the love language "words of affirmation"-- he often says things like, "You're right Mom!" "Great job!" "You did that right!" My sister mentioned that she liked spending time with him because he builds people up. Some other funny things he's said lately:
"It would be lovely if I wear my slippers to bed." (probably too much Mary Poppins.)
I told him something about his great-grandma. Then after a long pause where he was trying to think of the word he said, "Yeah, we went to Best Grandmas house..."
At the gym he didn't want to go into child care so I took him out on a bench and held him for a minute so he'd stop crying. Then he said, "Okay Mom, I'm ready to go play with my friends."
The whole drive home from Utah he said, "I don't want to go home. Turn the car around." But when we got home he looked around and said, "I'm glad about our house. But Grandma's house was fun, too."
Siena is my craziest child, and has the most frustration, probably due to not being able to communicate her feelings. This morning she found left-over fruit snacks on the table, and then kept
Overall, I feel like we're able to get out and do more lately. The three of them sometimes play and entertain each other, and life is pleasant. Life is also more filled with high-stress high-volume periods where I want to scream or hide in another room. And sometimes I do both, and then we all move on.
No comments:
Post a Comment