Monday, January 23, 2017

Life Lately - the good and the bad

Hyrum has been gone 2.5 weeks.  And I'm doing fine.

Hands down, the hardest part is church.  (My body had a physical reaction just typing that!).  Yesterday was particularly bad.  The 4 of us got squeezed onto 3 chairs and I was feeling claustrophobic the whole time, and on top of that I was in and out with the kids 3 times.  It should have been four, but when Siena started throwing a fit during the last talk that was already going over time, I figured it might send a signal to the speaker.  Then, Tiago refused to go to primary, but then wouldn't sit still in Sunday School with me, so we were back and forth between the two and I almost lost my mind.  Multiple people in the hallway asked if they could help me with something.  I probably had my eyes bulging out of my head or something.  Finally I had an hour of quiet time in Relief Society before the circus continued.

I feel really fortunate that one of the senior missionaries sits with us during Sacrament meeting.  Honestly, it's the biggest help.  She tries to entertain at least one of them for most of the meeting.

Another really huge blessing happened this past week.  I saw a random line in our neighborhood newsletter about a snow removal program for people with deployed spouses.  This was before the hurricane-wind-destruction, so the housing office was slammed for a few weeks, but I finally inquired about it on Friday and was signed up by the end of the day.  Basically, for on-post housing, they'll come shovel any snow that exceeds 1.5".  Me and my lower back pain are so so so so happy.  All of a sudden any tinge of regret about living on-post disappeared.

I also did my taxes, and am dreaming of the vacations I can take with our return.  Most of last year we were paying high taxes because Hyrum had only claimed 1 credit with payroll, and it hadn't been updated in years.  Towards the end of the year I discovered how to change it on my own, so hopefully this year we don't lend Uncle Sam quite so much money.  And as an added bonus, I hopefully won't feel so tight on money month-to-month, only to get an entire month's paycheck back as a tax return.

No comments:

Post a Comment