We visited the Air Force Academy. I love how green it is up there. Same city, but totally different environment.
The Focus on the Family Visitors Center is not far from the Academy, so we stopped by there to let the kids run around until dinnertime. Siena tried SO hard to climb into this canoe. But her chubby legs just couldn't quite make it. After grunting at us for a few minutes, someone finally helped her in.
One morning Jenna and I attempted to go running. That was short-lived (her ankle has problems) so we headed to Garden of the Gods. We did a walking trail that I haven't done before, which really takes you through the formations. There were so many people, but it was gorgeous. The girls loved the chance to run around, free of their stroller, and Tiago enjoyed the nice ride on my dad's shoulders. Like I said, he was miserable the whole weekend.
One of the days, while the girls napped, we left my Dad home with the kids. Us girls went to Target and had an excellent shopping trip. (What a novelty to try on clothes leisurely with no kids and no stroller!) Meanwhile, Tiago made my dad play with cars and play spider for 2 hours. I think they spent a lot of time in this chair together, and we spent a long time laughing about how entertained Tiago was by killing the spider-hand. Over and over and over.
Our last activity was hanging out at the splash pad. It's a fairly aggressive splash pad--not for the faint of heart. Once the kids get used to it, they usually have fun. Mila loved having Jenna carry her around and swing her through the water. By the end she was freezing and shaking, but smiling with her whole face.
I'm posting this picture below to remember two things. First, we went to the grocery store and bought snacks for their drive home. I don't think any of the snacks even survived until their drive home. Second, one of the things we bought were these cinnamon crumble cakes (delicious!) and Tiago started eating one, and then inhaled it. Like in 3 seconds it was gone.
They were kind of enough to stay until after church on Sunday (I hate taking care of all three during sacrament meeting.... ) so I had to get a picture of my mom with these cute dresses she made them. They're so well-dressed, sometimes.














No comments:
Post a Comment