Sunday, February 7, 2016

Mila & Siena: 11 months!

Mila (L), Siena (R) or..... Mila (Happy), Siena (Sad)

Eleven months!  And at least one of them was happy about it.  I'm over this monthly picture thing, because it's hard to keep two babies still, and even harder to keep their headbands on.  Good thing they're almost one and we can stop taking pictures. ha.  At least 'formal' ones.



Is there a sadder baby face?

They're actually both very happy babies (as long as they're not teething.)  Today during church Siena laughed for more than five minutes without stopping.  Everything she did was hilarious (to her.)  I figured it beats listening to a baby scream for five minutes. 

Mila

Mila now caught up to Siena with her two teeth, and they both crawl (although half the time they still drag themselves around on their stomachs because apparently it's easier, to them.)  They can climb up stairs, but not quite down stairs.  Siena has started to stand on her own (balancing) for about 15-20 seconds.  It's not much, but it's a little closer to walking.  Mila, in typical fashion, probably won't even start standing until she has enough opportunities to watch Siena, then she might decide to follow along.

As you can see below, they like to put things in their mouths.  Particularly our cell phones.  I guess they're too little to realize all the fun things our phones do (but let me tell you.. Tiago has figured out how fun our phones are, which is trouble!) but they love to chew on them.  It's an expensive chew toy.



 As far as personalities go, sugar and spice could be a good description.  Or fire and ice.  Or naughty and nice.  (Siena would be the spice, fire, and naughty.)  She really has quite the personality, and tends to dominate everything that goes on in our house, including stealing toys from her older brother.  She wants to be involved in everything and gives 110% with all she does.  She loves to laugh and loves to make others laugh.  She dances when she hears music and is constantly on the move.  I look at her and get nervous about what she'll be like as a teenager.  I'm such an introvert that I don't know what to make of her sometimes. [The picture two down illustrates this perfectly.]



Mila is still sweet as can be.  I can't believe how happy she is, even at the smallest things.  From what I can read of her baby personality, I think she's a people pleaser and likes to do things to make other people happy.  She doesn't really cuddle, but loves to be held and kissed, especially on her neck.  Hyrum says that when he takes her to Sunday School she just sits on the floor looking at people for at least 15 minutes, completely enthralled and content.  And we love that she's easy going.


They're starting to play together more, but usually look to Tiago for entertainment instead of each other.  And oddly, they've hit a stage this month where they go through multiple outfits a day.  They can start a day with the cutest matching outfits, and an hour later be in mis-matched clothes that make the matching not even worth the effort. Thank goodness for washing machines.


 They still sleep all night long.  It's what saves me.  They sleep from 7/7:30 to around 6:30, 7 if we're lucky.  And if we leave them in their cribs, they usually play for a while before starting to make too much noise.  I think they entertain each other, which single babies can't do.  The entertainment has become a problem during nap time, though, so one of them naps in a pack and play in Tiago's room.  Otherwise, they never fall asleep.  I'm not sure how long that will last, but I'm not ready to give up that second nap yet.

Siena eating ^^
Mila getting her diaper changed ^^


There's still 1lb diference between them.  I think Mila is around 17.5 lb and Siena is closer to 18.5.  Mila is a great eater, though, and gets so much more food in her mouth than Siena.  Going back to that 'naughty' characteristic I gave her, Siena loves to play with her food.  If we give her baby food from a jar, she just blows bubbles on to the spoon and the baby food flies everywhere.  Then she laughs and laughs and swings her arms around in excitement.  She loves to throw food on the floor, and whine until it gets picked up.  Then she smiles really big and throws it back on the ground.  And meanwhile, Mila just sits in her high chair eating so innocently...


Trouble makers or not, they're worth the exhaustion.  But thank goodness for bedtime.
Next up: figuring out how to celebrate their first birthday (and our first year surviving twins!)

No comments:

Post a Comment