When we got back from out trip, Hyrum was recovering from an awful cold. (Not a coughing/sneezing cold, but a laying-in-bed/dizzy/can't-eat kind of cold.) The girls were stuffed up and couldn't breathe well, and Tiago was getting sick, too. Fortunately, within a few days it seemed like we were in the clear.
And then Mila started vomiting evvvvvverywhere. I always *hope* it's just a fluke, so we kept offering her bottles. But she couldn't keep anything down. I think I did about 20 loads of laundry over the next few days. The worst was when she puked across the crib, onto the wall, and then onto the floor. She was lethargic and needed to be held constantly. On the third day, we were worried she was getting dehydrated and not improving, so we took her to the hospital. (It was the weekend and our doctors office was closed.) She got some zofran for the nausea and was then able to keep down some pedialyte. We gave her more over the next few hours and she seemed to respond okay so I took her home, where she continued to get stronger.
Almost a week passed.
And then Siena started vomiting. But she first crawled over to the hard wood (actually, laminate wood) floors, and didn't get anything on her clothes. I didn't have to wash anything. And she did that 4 or 5 times. She wasn't nearly as needy as Mila, and played with the other kids almost like usual. The biggest change we saw in her was that she was acting like Mila: more sweet, less aggressive, and pretty laid back. And ironically, Mila started acting like Siena. She was stealing her toys, pushing her over, and climbing on top of her. We were always slightly confused who was who because their behavior was the exact opposite.
![]() |
| This is Siena when she's sick: still racing to the top of the stairs. |
[This is only the second time in my life I've been to an Emergency Room. The first was in Germany when I messed up my back and couldn't move. I was pleasantly surprised. They saw us quickly, and communicated what was wrong and what they were doing about it. And the parking was free. Two thumbs up.]


No comments:
Post a Comment