Sunday, July 13, 2014

Santiago: 10 months!

Look who turned 10-months-old on the day of the World Cup final??  A coincidence like that would only be marked with Hyrum as your dad...



Santiago hit three huge milestones in the last month.  At 9.5 months he advanced from pushing himself around the house to the more respectable crawling.  He loves to explore the house now, if I blink he usually ends up by the washing machine or printer.

He also stands up.  It started out shaky--he'd stand and then crash backwards and cry.  Now he gets up and down very comfortably but hasn't even attempted to stand alone or walk.  I think he's just enjoying this new skill.


And last but not least, my favorite milestone:  he sleeps through the night!  Consistently!  I really felt like this day would never come.  I feed him before I go to bed, but he almost always sleeps at least 8 hours after that before waking up for the day. That makes me so happy.

Naptime has improved drastically, too.  Usually two naps, 1.5 hrs each.  But that's a topic for another day.

In short, I feel like this is kind of a sweet spot in babyhood.  Because what's better than a well-rested baby and a well-rested mother?  And he's so fun.


He's getting a little bit chubbier.  We started formula-feeding him in the last month (another topic for another day), and I think that's fattening him up.  He finally has a few rolls on his legs.

It doesn't seem like too far away that he'll be eating birthday cake and wobbling around on his own two feet.  I think he already has a sweet tooth, which isn't a surprise since he clearly takes after me.

He hasn't started saying any words, and I can hardly imagine him talking. I still feel like when I talk to him he's clueless that those noises mean anything.  "Tiago, stop that!" doesn't even rattle him.  He just looks at me and keeps on going.  Maybe that's just him taking after me some more?

I can't leave out how much he laughs.  Mostly at Hyrum and his games.  I have a few videos I need to upload because they're really cute. Speaking of videos, Santiago learned how to dance!  We turned on music and moved our arms around, and he copied us.  Now when the music comes on he'll start bouncing on his legs (if he's standing) or rocking his torso (if he's sitting.)  Too cute!  I hope the good times continue.





1 comment:

  1. Those are some pretty happy pictures of him. He sure does take after you.

    ReplyDelete