Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Real World & the Weather

It's great to be back in Germany, but it has been TOO HOT to return to normal life... it's been too hot to do much of anything!  Who wants to clean the house when it feels like an oven?  Because weather here is usually fairly mild in the summer, nothing is air conditioned, so we're all just melting.  I'm beginning to think that German weather is broken.  We just came out of the darkest winter in recorded history, and instead of getting spring or summer, May brought floods to the whole region.  It really felt like it was raining non-stop for weeks.  And now, we've skyrocketed right up into the 90's.  I hope Mother Nature figures out her game, and brings us some normal weather.


Meanwhile, my body seems to be confused, because I have a cold!  Between the heat and a sore throat, I've had some pretty sleepless nights.  Our room doesn't cool off much at night because we have to keep the blinds closed.  (We go to bed, and wake up, while the sun is up.)  

It feels like I'm complaining, so while I'm on the topic, I'll record some of my pregnancy aches and pains!  Actually, I really don't have many.  I'm surprised to already have less than 100 days left! Time is flying by.  I'm far enough along that I have a hard time breathing if I bend over.  I am trying to figure out how to sleep not on my back--and its difficult for me.  And yesterday while making the bed I pinched a nerve in my lower back.  Hooray for everything in that area loosening up for labor!  (not).  Hopefully it fixes itself on its own, or it could be a long 3 months.  I'm definitely over any food aversions I had in previous months, and basically want to eat everything all the time.  And by everything, I mean brownies, cookies, pie, etc.  So I try not to keep those things around. (It was great when I only wanted to eat when I felt hungry!  But some good things don't last.)  We're lucky to have a city pool nearby, so maybe I'll be able to balance the eating with some swimming.  And finally, I LOOK pregnant!  No hiding it.  

At the Garden of Gethsemane at 26 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment